[torqueusers] Error compiling @ Solaris 8

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:16:38 MDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Adhi 'Akeka' Kristianto <
adi.akeka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> i've problem compiling torque at my solaris 8 server, the error when i run
> gmake is :
>
> strTouL.c: In function `strTouL':
> strTouL.c:171: warning: subscript has type `char'

what does line 171 look like in strTouL.c in whatever version of TORQUE you
are using?  My guess is on your system something like isspace() is actually
a macro that uses its argument as an index into an array.  I would suggest
passing --disable-gcc-warnings for now and we can look into this.