[torqueusers] Adding to a cluster

Wayne Mallett wayne.mallett at jcu.edu.au
Wed Sep 24 15:25:53 MDT 2008

G'day All,

All nodes were visible.  I checked torque and maui configurations and
then restarted torque and maui again.  What I noticed in and around all
the checks I made was that qmgr wasn't reporting the correct amount of
resources used - using qstat to compare with report using qmgr.  After
the restart of torque and maui I discovered another ~350 new jobs (on
top of the ~150 running) showed up on the system - we only have ~400 CPUs.

My guess is that the system was having trouble catching up with an
influx of jobs - coming from a user's script.  I've asked the user to
put a sleep command between job submissions in the script.  I restarted
torque several times during my investigations.  It wasn't until maui was
restarted that the problem showed itself.

Thankyou all for the suggestions.

Regards,
Wayne