[torqueusers] Alignment errors on IA-64

Rushton Martin JMRUSHTON at qinetiq.com
Mon Sep 22 02:47:10 MDT 2008

James,

Thanks for the response.  I realise they are only warnings, but if
I can eliminate them with not too much difficulty I would like to.
First they are worrying to users and second they have the potential
to mess up scripts that rely on the output.  I am not too worried
by the loss of cycles however, given the normal frequency of use
the loss is trivial.

Martin Rushton

|From: James A. Peltier [mailto:jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca]
|On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Rushton Martin wrote:
|
|> On an Altix running SLES10 SP1 with Torque 2.3.3 I get the following
|> error from both qstat and qmgr
|>
|> qstat(26768): unaligned access to 0x607ffffffe7d9e95,
|> ip=0x2000000000076990
|> qstat(26768): unaligned access to 0x607ffffffe7d9e89,
|> ip=0x20000000000769b0
|> qstat(26768): unaligned access to 0x607ffffffe7d9e9d,
|> ip=0x2000000000076a00
|> qstat(26768): unaligned access to 0x607ffffffe7d9e89,
|> ip=0x2000000000076a61
|>
|> It is always four lines, and always the same four ip addresses, but
|> the data addresses change from run to run.  It is not every
|time, only
|> if more than about 10 seconds has elapsed from the previous
|messages!
|> Any pointers as to where to look would be welcome.
|>

|These errors are usually just warnings and can safely be
|ignored.  In fact, you can actually disable them it won't harm
|anything.  There is a performance loss of some CPU clock
|cycles due to the realignment however.

|--
|James A. Peltier
|Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director Simon
|Fraser University - Burnaby Campus
|Phone   : 778-782-6573
|Fax     : 778-782-3045
|E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
|Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
|MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com

The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
recipient(s).  The information in this communication may be
confidential and/or legally privileged.  Nothing in this e-mail is
intended to conclude a contract on behalf of QinetiQ or make QinetiQ
subject to any other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail
contains an express statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be
monitored and recorded for business purposes including security, audit
and archival purposes.  Any response to this email indicates consent
to this.

Telephone calls to QinetiQ may be monitored or recorded for quality
control, security and other business purposes.

QinetiQ Limited
Registered in England & Wales: Company Number:3796233
Registered office: 85 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6PD, United Kingdom
Trading address: Cody Technology Park, Cody Building, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX, United Kingdom
http://www.qinetiq.com/home/notices/legal.html