[torqueusers] Alignment errors on IA-64

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Sep 18 16:22:32 MDT 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Rushton Martin wrote:

> On an Altix running SLES10 SP1 with Torque 2.3.3 I get the following
> error from both qstat and qmgr
>
> qstat(26768): unaligned access to 0x607ffffffe7d9e95,
> ip=0x2000000000076990
> qstat(26768): unaligned access to 0x607ffffffe7d9e89,
> ip=0x20000000000769b0
> qstat(26768): unaligned access to 0x607ffffffe7d9e9d,
> ip=0x2000000000076a00
> qstat(26768): unaligned access to 0x607ffffffe7d9e89,
> ip=0x2000000000076a61
>
> It is always four lines, and always the same four ip addresses, but the
> data
> addresses change from run to run.  It is not every time, only if more
> than
> about 10 seconds has elapsed from the previous messages!  Any pointers
> as
> to where to look would be welcome.

These errors are usually just warnings and can safely be ignored.  In
fact, you can actually disable them it won't harm anything.  There is a
performance loss of some CPU clock cycles due to the realignment however.

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com