[torqueusers] Multiple instances of Torque problem

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Sep 10 12:31:57 MDT 2008

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> After the second installation have you checked to see what /etc/services
> looks like? IIRC, the q commands will look at /etc/services to see which
> port they are supposed to contact. Perhaps your 36001 replaced the
> default of 15001, or more likely there are two entries, and the one for
> 36001 comes last, thus making it the default.
>
> -Joshua Bernstein
> Software Engineer
> Penguin Computing

Interesting, I didn't consider that. The services file does not have entries
for either 15001 or 36001. I'm going to add the entries for the 15001
installation and restart both queues. I did notice that if I restarted
the normal installation after starting the 36001 installation, everything
was back to normal. Maybe this will force Torque to use the default
installation.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu