[torqueusers] Multiple instances of Torque problem

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Sep 10 12:31:57 MDT 2008

> Hi Jeremy,
> After the second installation have you checked to see what /etc/services
> looks like? IIRC, the q commands will look at /etc/services to see which
> port they are supposed to contact. Perhaps your 36001 replaced the
> default of 15001, or more likely there are two entries, and the one for
> 36001 comes last, thus making it the default.
> -Joshua Bernstein
> Software Engineer
> Penguin Computing

Interesting, I didn't consider that. The services file does not have entries
for either 15001 or 36001. I'm going to add the entries for the 15001
installation and restart both queues. I did notice that if I restarted
the normal installation after starting the 36001 installation, everything
was back to normal. Maybe this will force Torque to use the default

Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Bioinformatics Core Facility
(210) 567-2672