[torqueusers] Multiple instances of Torque problem

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Wed Sep 10 12:17:55 MDT 2008

Hi Jeremy,

After the second installation have you checked to see what /etc/services
looks like? IIRC, the q commands will look at /etc/services to see which
port they are supposed to contact. Perhaps your 36001 replaced the
default of 15001, or more likely there are two entries, and the one for
36001 comes last, thus making it the default.

-Joshua Bernstein
Software Engineer
Penguin Computing