[torqueusers] how can use infiniband nodes in torque

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed Sep 10 08:28:40 MDT 2008

mvapich should work, it is a port of mpich to use the verbs layer to
support IB.
On the other hand if your going to use mpich at all, use mvapich2/
mpich2.

I vote for OpenMPI. follow the instructions the other list member
pointed out.

Also verify that your runs are running on multiple nodes.  if you
didn't set machinefile  in mpirun.args right or specify it with
mpirun, mpich/mvapich didn't place the process on more than one
machine. This is _not_ what you want.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing