[torqueusers] Multiple instances of Torque problem

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Sep 9 12:28:34 MDT 2008

A few months ago I posted about us using multiple installations of Torque
to satisfy our needs. We've since upgraded to CentOS 5.2 and the
qstat/qdel/pbsnode/etc... commands aren't working as they are supposed to.

We have the default installation of Torque/Maui on the standard 15001. I
start this service and the Torque commands work as expected. I then start
our 2nd installation on port 36001. Now the same Torque commands query the
36001 queue and not the default installation.

Before we upgraded, it all worked perfectly. We could use the standard
commands to query the default installation, and added @hostname:36001 to
query to the port 36001 installation.

I've checked all config files, /etc files and I cannot figure out why this
is happening. Does anybody have any other ideas?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility