[torqueusers] Easiest way to allocate nodes ?

SCIPIONI Roberto SCIPIONI.Roberto at nims.go.jp
Tue Sep 9 07:47:21 MDT 2008

Dear people

I have a linux cluster with Torque and Maui
and I want to find an easy way to create different queues say

BIG

and

SMALL

where by doing

qsub -q BIG script

the job goes

to say                    node1,node1,..........node20

and instead using

qsub -q SMALL  script

the job goes to node21,node22, .....   node25

----------------------

I have been reading the MAUI user guide, administration guide
and different materials on the internet and the confusion is total. I grrew none wiser  !!!

Do I need to use ?

1) In the Torque   /nodes file ?

node1 np=2   property1
node2 np=2   property2

ect

2)  resources_default.nodes =                 and / or
      resources_default.neddnodes =

      in Torque qmgr

      to somehow specify the property

3)   CLASSCFG(property)    in maui.cfg

Obviously if I use the Maui scheduler, pbs_sched should be offline right ?

Thanks for your help

Roberto Scipioni
ICYS-MANA Reseracher
System Manager