[torqueusers] Rerunnable Flag

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:04:52 MDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:

> ----- "Jon Akers" <jka at hpc.ufl.edu> wrote:
>
> > By default, the rerunnable flag is set to true on all jobs. We would
> > like this to be set to false be default on all jobs, and if the user
> > wants it to be set to rerunnable they can flag it as true in their job
> > script. Is there a way in which we can do this?
>
> It appears to be hard coded into src/cmds/qsub.c :
>
> int r_opt = FALSE;
>
> [...]
>
>  if (r_opt == FALSE)
>    set_attr(&attrib,ATTR_r,"TRUE");
>
> So you *might* just be able to change that initialisation
> statement and the rest of the logic *should* work. :-)
>
> YMMV, caveat emptor, batteries not included..

so I've just added a torque.cfg parameter called RERUNNABLEBYDEFAULT (I'm
open to suggestions for a better name) to trunk in svn (so this change will
appear in TORQUE 2.4).

if this parameter is set to false in torque.cfg:

RERUNNABLEBYDEFAULT     false

then it alters the default behavior of setting rerunnable to true if the
rerunnable option is not specified.

If you want to change the default behavior before TORQUE 2.4.0 is released,
please follow Chris's suggestion quoted above - changing
set_attr(&attrib,ATTR_r,"TRUE"); to set_attr(&attrib,ATTR_r,"FALSE"); will
chage the default value of the rerunnable option to FALSE.

-glen