[torqueusers] pbs_mom unable to chdir to automounted dirs ---RESOLVED

Eirik Thorsnes eirik.thorsnes at bccs.uib.no
Fri Oct 24 14:50:09 MDT 2008

Mary Ellen Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Yeah, I am going to retry the soft mounts with the -g.   As I have
> another cluster running for many years now with nfs mounts and have not
> experienced the issues I am having now.  I am going to continue to tweak
> the soft mount and increase the number of nfs daemons as has been
> suggested.  I will post my results in case others have similiar issues.
>
> Thanks again for your advice/suggestions.

Hi,

just to add a quick "me too" on this issue. We have seen the mounting
problem with autofs - even when only using bind mounts to localhost
(that is, we bind mount a cluster-filesystem mounted on localhost).
Our auto.home has e.g.

fimm            -fstype=bind    :/export/fimm

in it. We are not using "ghost" with autofs. The mounting problem only
occur occasionally but for some strange reason it seems to occur more
frequently for some users. We are currently looking into whether to go
for static bind mounts in /etc/fstab, or try "ghost".

Regards,

Eirik

--
Eirik Thorsnes                                   http://www.bccs.uib.no
Parallab, Bergen Center for Computational Science, Unifob