[torqueusers] mixed 32/64 bit cluster

Jeff DeReus jdereus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 14:14:21 MDT 2008

i have compiled the 32 bit mom on the 64  bit arch.  everything seemed to
complete properly.  however, now the pbs_mom segfaults with an error 7 when
i try to start it up.  also,  i am running a 32 bit server on the head.
will this cause communication problems with the 64 bit moms on the other
nodes?  i read that they could not communicate with each other properly.

 the 64 bit compilation of moms are up and running on the other nodes but no
jobs are pushed out to them.  i am assuming from your response that this is
because of some library dependencies?  does torque check job dependencies or
is the job pushed out and then rejected when the job itself determines that
it does not have the required libs?  if that is indeed the case, how does
one find the library requirements for jobs that i do not compile or submit?

Thank you,
Jeff D