[torqueusers] mixed 32/64 bit cluster

Torsten Rohlfing torsten at synapse.sri.com
Fri Oct 24 12:39:32 MDT 2008

We've done this for several years, with no problems ever. We're even
running a mixed setup with 32bit mom on 32bit machines and 64bit mom on
64bit systems. Head node is running 64bit server and mom. We're using
the torque RPMs from the Fedora repos, currently on FC9.

The only thing you need to make sure is that your jobs only run 64bit
binaries on 64bit systems, and if they run 32bit executables on 64bit
systems you may need to install extra 32bit shared libraries.

Other than that, piece of cake.

TR

--
Torsten Rohlfing, PhD          SRI International, Neuroscience Program
 Research Scientist             333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     "Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't"