[torqueusers] pbs_mom unable to chdir to automounted dirs

Mary Ellen Fitzpatrick mfitzpat at bu.edu
Tue Oct 21 14:20:01 MDT 2008

I have my home dirs nfs exported to all of my compute nodes.  I can log
into the nodes and cd the nfs mounted dirs, no problem. When I submit a
job to a node and the automounted nfs dirs are not mount (timed out), I
get the following error:

Oct 21 16:08:14 node1047 pbs_mom: No such file or directory (2) in
TMomFinalizeChild, PBS: chdir to '/fs/userB1/mfitzpat' failed: No such
file or directory

If I immediately resubmit the job to the same node, it will run.  It
appears that pbs wants the automounted nfs dirs to be already mounted,
then the job will run.  If I hard mount the nfs home dirs, I have no
problem running the jobs, but I do not want to do that.

Any one run into this?  Trying to figure out if it is a torque issue or
automount issue.

--
Thanks
Mary Ellen