[torqueusers] Cluster and timeshared nodes

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Mon Oct 20 09:27:58 MDT 2008

I would use queues/classes.

configure all nodes as "cluster" in torque.

For the nodes you want timeshared, the np param will equal the amount of
jobs per node. ( if it's a 1 cpu job ).

For the nodes you don't want timeshared, set the np param to the actual
amount of cpus/cores, and use moab to control the amount of jobs per
nodes for that queue/class.

A user could then start a job, and by specifying a queue, would access
either "timeshared" or "cluster" nodes.

hope that helps

Daniel Bourque
Sr. Systems Engineer