[torqueusers] Q:Torque&maui

Ye YC Cui cuiye at cn.ibm.com
Mon Oct 13 02:06:44 MDT 2008

Hi All
We have installed <torque2.3.2.tar.gz> & <Maui 3.2.6 - Patch 19>   on 2
nodes with  <SLES 10 os>.
We have root  user  and  admin1 user . node1 is master and node2 is count
node.
Now On node1 and node2   root  can ssh to each  other without password.
          On node1 and node2  admin1  user can ssh to each other without
password.

set:
      qmgr -c "set server operators = root at node1.clusters.com"
      qmgr -c "set server operators += admin1 at node1.clusters.com"
      qmgr -c "create queue batch"
      qmgr -c "set queue batch queue_type = Execution"
      qmgr -c "set queue batch started = True"
      qmgr -c "set queue batch enabled = True"
      qmgr -c "set server default_queue = batch"
      qmgr -c "set server resources_default.nodes = 1"
      qmgr -c "set server scheduling = True"
      qmgr -c "set server scheduling = True"

Qmgr: set server managers += root at node1.clusters.com
Qmgr: set server resources_default.nodect = 1
Qmgr: set server resources_default.walltime = 00:05:00

      We try to commit  jobs on nod1 with :
      cat comm.sh |qsub -l nodes=node1
      cat comm.sh |qsub -l nodes=node2
      PASS
      cat comm.sh |qsub
      failed

      We try to commite  jobs on nod2 with :
      cat comm.sh |qsub -l nodes=node1
      cat comm.sh |qsub -l nodes=node2
      Failed
      cat comm.sh |qsub
      PASS

      error message: can not copy STDIN.* to  node1   or to node2

      Could you give me some tips about this problem?

Simon Cui ( 崔野)
IBM China Software Development LAB, Beijing
CSTL HPC System Management Development
Tel: 86-10-82782244 ext 54955 E-mail: cuiye at cn.ibm.com
Address: 2/F,IBM ZGC Campus. Ring Building 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
No.8 Dong Bei Wang  West Road Haidian District,
Beijing P.R.China 100193
MSN: cuiye_forevery at hotmail.com