[torqueusers] mpiexec not running on requested # of processors

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 9 09:20:49 MDT 2008

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Justin Finnerty wrote:

> I think the problem is you are not really running your job under PBS. As
> far as I know the mpiexec program most people use with MPICH knows about
> torque but the MPICH2 mpiexec does not.

OSC's mpiexec knows how to start MPICH2 jobs as well. You need to
specify a different mechanism through a command line parameter or you
can have a different OSC mpiexec binary with a different default

Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8869/8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8868/8850
E-mail: bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de