[torqueusers] question about qstat xml output

Randall Svancara rsvancara at wsu.edu
Mon Oct 6 17:28:15 MDT 2008

I have a question about the XML output with the command qstat.

In version 2.3.3 of torque, the command, qstat -x outputs XML like this:

<Job>651.local-gw.mainlab <-----------XXX_PROBLEM_XXX
<Job_Name>test_job</Job_Name>
<Job_Owner>testuser at local-gw.mainlab</Job_Owner>
<resources_used>
<cput>00:00:00</cput>

As you can see, there is a problem with the XML in that it should be
something like this:

<Job Job_Id="651.local-gw.mainlab">
<Job_Name>test_job</Job_Name>
<Job_Owner>testuser at local-gw.mainlab</Job_Owner>
<resources_used>
<cput>00:00:00</cput>

or something like this:

<Job>
<Job_Id>651.local-gw.mainlab</Job_Id>
<Job_Name>test_job</Job_Name>
<Job_Owner>testuser at local-gw.mainlab</Job_Owner>
<resources_used>
<cput>00:00:00</cput>

So my first question is what is the reason for formatting the XML the
way that it is, and my second question can I provide a patch to fix this
issue?

I have modified the torque qstat command to output the XML as
demonstrated in my second example.  But I would rather have any changes
incorporated into upstream versions if possible.

Thanks,

Randall Svancara