[torqueusers] assigning specific nodes to queues

Greenseid, Joseph M. Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
Fri Oct 3 09:16:20 MDT 2008

Worked like a charm.  Thanks, Steve!

From: Steve Young [mailto:chemadm at hamilton.edu]
Sent: Fri 10/3/2008 10:58 AM
To: Greenseid, Joseph M.
Cc: torqueusers at supercluster.org
Subject: Re: [torqueusers] assigning specific nodes to queues

I constrain nodes to queue's without using acl_hosts. All I do is put a feature in the server's node file like this:

node01 altix
node02 altix
node03 mac
node04 mac

then I have this in the configuration for each queue in torque:

set queue altix resources_default.neednodes = altix

set queue mac resources_default.neednodes = mac

That seems to do it for me. Hope this helps.