[torqueusers] torque resource_group and qsub

Sarah Mulholland smm at rincon.com
Mon Nov 24 15:00:10 MST 2008

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I am using the samples/fifo software.

In our environment I was hoping to use the resource group as an abstraction for the priority assigning shares in such a way that lower priority jobs wouldn't always get booted to the end of the queue.  Any user should be able to submit a job as "production" (most shares, highest priority), "test&verification" (fewer shares, medium priority) or "study" (fewest shares, lowest priority).  I want all users to have access to all three resource groups.

Maybe this just isn't what's intended.  I'm not sure I want to edit the code.  I'm looking at Maui, too.

Sarah