[torqueusers] restricting node to be used only by one queue

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 20 08:02:20 MST 2008

How can one make it so nodeX is used only by queue A and not
by queue B and C?  Also, how would I make queue A so that jobs
submitted to it only run on nodeX and not nodeY and nodeZ?

We have some new nodes we want to just test things on first so
I want to bring them into the cluster in a restricted way so jobs
run on them only if users explicitly ask for jobs to run on these
nodes.  I know I can given them a user-defined property like
"new" and have users give a -l option to qsub to select "new"
in order to force their job to run on those queues.  But I don't
see how to keep the other queues from running jobs on these nodes.

Paul Raines                email: raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street     Charlestown, MA 02129	    USA