[torqueusers] need I configure ssh for torque admin

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Nov 19 12:06:04 MST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 07:27:40PM +0800, onceihave alleged:
> Hi all:
>
> I have configured ssh service for root account in my cluster. From the central manager, I can run "ssh <compute node> hostname" without inputting the password. Need I also configure ssh service for Torque admin user for any function of Torque?

Cluster users need passwordless ssh so that batch scripts can execution
programs on other nodes (multi-node jobs only), and so that output files can be
delivered back to the submit hosts.

> I am using Torque 2.3.2 on SLES. Script confiugre has two flags "--with-scp" and "--with-rcp". The usage says "--with-rcp=scp" is the default. I compiled Torque without adding any of them. From the usage my Torque should hasve "--with-scp" enabled. But my log files in /var/spool/torque/*_log do not contain words such as scp.
>
> When and how is scp/rcp used by Torque?

If you didn't specify, then the default of scp is used.  Scp is used when
copying output files back to submit hosts.

University of Southern California

Revoke LDS Church 501(c)(3) Status - http://lds501c3.wordpress.com/