[torqueusers] need I configure ssh for torque admin

onceihave onceihave at 163.com
Wed Nov 19 04:27:40 MST 2008

Hi all:

I have configured ssh service for root account in my cluster. From the central manager, I can run "ssh <compute node> hostname" without inputting the password. Need I also configure ssh service for Torque admin user for any function of Torque?

I am using Torque 2.3.2 on SLES. Script confiugre has two flags "--with-scp" and "--with-rcp". The usage says "--with-rcp=scp" is the default. I compiled Torque without adding any of them. From the usage my Torque should hasve "--with-scp" enabled. But my log files in /var/spool/torque/*_log do not contain words such as scp.

When and how is scp/rcp used by Torque?

Many thanks in advance!
Steven Wang