[torqueusers] Soname went back in time

Garrick garrick at usc.edu
Fri Nov 14 11:09:01 MST 2008

I think the best way forward is to avoid the tricky hacks in torque.  Just
keep things the way they are and deal with it.

I guess that most sites use 2.0/2.1; they won't run into this problem.  I
suspect very few sites run 2.2.  I suspect the sites with 2.3 are actively
upgrading and following the releases.

That said, I don't see how the original release to bump the somajor isn't a
legit concern?  The arguements of public functions changed.  How is that not an
incompatible ABI change?

University of Southern California

Revoke LDS Church 501(c)(3) Status - http://lds501c3.wordpress.com/