[torqueusers] torque 2.3.4 problem with mom_priv/confg and server_name

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Thu Nov 13 01:10:14 MST 2008

Josjh
On 13 nov 2008, at 00:59, Josh Butikofer wrote:

> Bas,
>
> See my comments below:
>
> Bas van der Vlies wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are upgradeing torque to 2.3.4 and discovered a problem that we
>> do not
>> have with our currently installed version of torque 2.1.9p0.
>>
>> With the new version the server name set in /var/spool/torque/
>> server_name
>> has more priority then the one in /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config.
>>
>> for user commands of torque we want to use the global name set in:
>> * /var/spool/torque/server_name
>>
>> and for pbs_mom we want to use the dedicated high speed network and
>> these
>> node names are use in the nodes file for pbs_server :
>> * /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config
>
> I'm not sure if this is by design or not. Any of the community
> developers know if this was an intended change in functionality? I'll
> check here with any of the CRI developers.

Thanks

>> PS) Is there reason why the libtorque.so.2.0.0 is renamed to
>> /usr/lib/libtorque.so.0.2.0 for version 2.3.4
>
> Yes, there is a reason to this change. After careful review, we found
> that the TORQUE library, which was versioned at 2:0:0 a while ago, did
> not break backwards compatibility with external API calls insofar as
> we
> can tell. Because of this, we changed the libtool versioning to 2:0:2,
> which tells the GNU tools to generate a library that will work with
> binaries that require libtorque.so.2.0.0 OR the libtorque.so.0
> library.

I noticed the change because it broke the pbs_python package. This
package looks for the 2.0.0 version and that one is not installed
anymore. These torque libraries are in /usr/lib:
libtorque.a
libtorque.la
libtorque.so
libtorque.so.0
libtorque.so.0.2.0

So if read it correctly there must als be a libtorque.so.2..0.0 link?

--
Bas van der Vlies
basv at sara.nl