[torqueusers] torque 2.3.4 problem with mom_priv/confg and server_name

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Wed Nov 12 16:59:18 MST 2008

Bas,

See my comments below:

Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  We are upgradeing torque to 2.3.4 and discovered a problem that we do not
> have with our currently installed version of torque 2.1.9p0.
>
> With the new version the server name set in /var/spool/torque/server_name
> has more priority then the one in /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config.
>
> for user commands of torque we want to use the global name set in:
>  * /var/spool/torque/server_name
>
> and for pbs_mom we want to use the dedicated high speed network and these
> node names are use in the nodes file for pbs_server :
>  * /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config

I'm not sure if this is by design or not. Any of the community
developers know if this was an intended change in functionality? I'll
check here with any of the CRI developers.

> PS) Is there reason why the libtorque.so.2.0.0 is renamed to
> /usr/lib/libtorque.so.0.2.0 for version 2.3.4

Yes, there is a reason to this change. After careful review, we found
that the TORQUE library, which was versioned at 2:0:0 a while ago, did
not break backwards compatibility with external API calls insofar as we
can tell. Because of this, we changed the libtool versioning to 2:0:2,
which tells the GNU tools to generate a library that will work with
binaries that require libtorque.so.2.0.0 OR the libtorque.so.0 library.

Regards,

Josh Butikofer