[torqueusers] torque 2.3.4 problem with mom_priv/confg and server_name

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Tue Nov 11 06:43:43 MST 2008

Hello,

 We are upgradeing torque to 2.3.4 and discovered a problem that we do not
have with our currently installed version of torque 2.1.9p0.

With the new version the server name set in /var/spool/torque/server_name
has more priority then the one in /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config.

for user commands of torque we want to use the global name set in:
 * /var/spool/torque/server_name

and for pbs_mom we want to use the dedicated high speed network and these
node names are use in the nodes file for pbs_server :
 * /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config

PS) Is there reason why the libtorque.so.2.0.0 is renamed to
/usr/lib/libtorque.so.0.2.0 for version 2.3.4