[torqueusers] Question regarding getting the value of ppn

John S. Urban urbanjost at comcast.net
Sat Nov 8 17:19:35 MST 2008

I have a program called qenv(1) that dumps all the information about all
jobs in the form of ksh(1) expressions
that makes steps like this easy that is a cleaner solution; but I am waiting
for permission to distribute it. In the
mean time, depending on what shell you use, something like:
   NUMNODES="`sort $PBS_NODEFILE|uniq|wc -l|awk '{print $1}'`" #
sh/ksh/bash/pdksh/...
   setenv NUMNODES "sort $PBS_NODEFILE|uniq|wc -l|awk '{print $1}' #
csh/tcsh/..
does what I think you want.