[torqueusers] Supercomputing 2008 and TORQUE BOF

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Nov 6 16:56:23 MST 2008

----- "Josh Butikofer" <josh at clusterresources.com> wrote:

> According to recent posts on the TORQUE development
> mailing list, VPAC will be having a small development
> meeting at their booth (looks like you should talk
> to Chris Samuel about the details). It may be that
> this smaller meeting will be sufficient. But maybe not.

Thanks for the promo Josh. ;-)

VPAC is at booth #2328.

My idea was to get a few of the Torque devs together
after the work that a couple of us did last year
brainstorming the 2.6 cpusets design.

My idea for two starting points were:

a) to look at how the cpusets support can be
progressed (especially now that cpusets has
been assimilated by the wider cgroups work)

b) to revisit how the pbs_mom sets resource
limits on memory for jobs given the way that
glibc functions these days.

The booth this year will be basically a table
and 4 chairs (Milano and Diplomat respectively
for those who have their SC'08 Freemans brochure
handy :-) ) so folks might need to borrow a chair
from elsewhere if it's particularly busy.. ;-)

I've not set a day or time yet as I'm still
finalising what I've got to do there too.

cheers,
Chris