[torqueusers] IB epilogoue/prolog, and any other concerns

Walid walid.shaari at gmail.com
Fri May 30 01:39:02 MDT 2008

2008/5/29 Brock Palen <brockp at umich.edu>:

> Strange, I thought CISCO was now pushing OpenMPI,  they only employ one of
> the main devs to make sure it works on their TopSpin IB.

CISCO is big, and most likely you will get different views from the inside,
however is there an officel statement from CISCO or known Roadmap that shows
that they are favouring OpenMPI for its technical merits?

> We run Cisco IB with OFED for the VERBS and OpenMPI.  Works well little if
> any issues.  Just be sure your pbs_mom starts with enough locked memory.

Thanks, we are aware of the issue, however does not like the workaround to
have it set in both limits.conf, and the init script of pbs_mom, is there a
better standard way to ease maintance as the turnaround of sysadmins where i
work is a bit high, and if not following standard operating system/distro
procedures means going back to docuemantion that could be missing/outdated
:)