[torqueusers] License

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed May 28 10:44:15 MDT 2008

You will need to do this in Moab (I don't think Maui or pbs_sched)
can do it.

We do this all the time, the final line looks like:

#PBS -l software=cplex:1

For a single token,  some like fluent use 1 token per cpu  so for a
parallel job:

#PBS -l nodes=2:ppn=2        (4 cpu job)
#PBS -l software=fluent:4

Look in /opt/moab/tools/
And 'floating licenses'  and Generic resources on the cluster
resources webpage.

Note list, if this can be done in Maui (the GRES stuff)

RMCFG[FLEXlm1]   TYPE=NATIVE RESOURCETYPE=LICENSERMCFG[FLEXlm1]
CLUSTERQUERYURL=exec:///home/brockp/bin/licenses/
license.mon.FluentPar.pl.active

The example script that comes with Moab is for FlexLM, I have also
made one for ILog Cplex.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing