[torqueusers] License

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed May 28 10:44:15 MDT 2008

You will need to do this in Moab (I don't think Maui or pbs_sched)
can do it.

We do this all the time, the final line looks like:

#PBS -l software=cplex:1

For a single token,  some like fluent use 1 token per cpu  so for a
parallel job:

#PBS -l nodes=2:ppn=2        (4 cpu job)
#PBS -l software=fluent:4

Look in /opt/moab/tools/
And 'floating licenses'  and Generic resources on the cluster
resources webpage.

Note list, if this can be done in Maui (the GRES stuff)

The example script that comes with Moab is for FlexLM, I have also
made one for ILog Cplex.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu