[torqueusers] builgin openmpi with torque

Tony Schreiner schreian at bc.edu
Thu May 22 14:01:00 MDT 2008

I'm trying to build openmpi 1.2.6 with torque 2.3.0 on CentOS 5

I built openmpi with

configure --with-tm=/usr/local

and I thought it build ok,  at least

/usr/local/bin/ompi_info

includes

                  MCA ras: tm (MCA v1.0, API v1.3, Component v1.2.6)
                  MCA pls: tm (MCA v1.0, API v1.3, Component v1.2.6)

When I run a simple MPI test however I only runs on one node

I submitted with

qsub -l nodes=linux06+linux07+linux08+linux09 dompiscript

and then contents of $PBS_NODEFILE is indeed those same hosts

and I am starting the prorgram with

mpiexec --verbose ./mp

with the mpiexec I just built.

yet my program debug lines show

initializing MPI
MPI nprocs=1  me=0
Process 0 of 1 running on processor linux06

and I get these errors in the error file

libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
[0,1,0]: OpenIB on host linux06 was unable to find any HCAs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
[0,1,0]: uDAPL on host linux06 was unable to find any NICs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.

I don't in fact have Infiiband on these hosts. Did I miss some
options I needed to build openmpi?

Thanks
Tony Schreiner