[torqueusers] Kill Jobs that are submitted directly to the nodes

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Thu May 22 08:56:37 MDT 2008

torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org schrieb am 05/22/2008 02:48:04 AM:

> Hello ,
>
> I was wondering if there is a setting in PBS / Torque where in if a user

> submits jobs directly via ssh"ing" to the node it would be killed .
> I could not find anything in the manual for it . Though I am looking at
> some of the university sites and they say that they do indeed stop users

> from directly going to the nodes in the queue and submit jobs . Any help

> in this matter would be greatly appreciated .

See http://www.sysadmin.hep.ac.uk/wiki/ProcessesOnBatchNodes

You could also disable rsh/ssh to nodes if the execution nodes share file
system with the submission node, you rely on $usecp in mom_priv/config and
you use mpiexec (which doesn't require rsh/ssh). However, allowing rsh/ssh
access to nodes aids users in troubleshooting their jobs, so I wouldn't
recommend this solution.

Regards,
Jan Ploski