[torqueusers] Multiple moms

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu May 22 08:17:18 MDT 2008

We use nagios to monitor an array of situations on our cluster. We
have had an oddity show up. We monitor the number of pbs_mom's running
on a given node. Nagios was set to report more than one mom running on
a given node. We have occasionally seen as many as three. Moreover, a
few of the mom's have user uid's rather than root, even though only
root can start a mom. We have altered nagios to ignore multiple mom's
less than 5.

Does anyone have an explanation, or better yet point me to appropriate

Charles Johnson
Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Vanderbilt University
charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Office: 615-343-2776
Cell: 615-478-8799