[torqueusers] Multiple moms

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu May 22 08:17:18 MDT 2008

We use nagios to monitor an array of situations on our cluster. We
have had an oddity show up. We monitor the number of pbs_mom's running
on a given node. Nagios was set to report more than one mom running on
a given node. We have occasionally seen as many as three. Moreover, a
few of the mom's have user uid's rather than root, even though only
root can start a mom. We have altered nagios to ignore multiple mom's
less than 5.

Does anyone have an explanation, or better yet point me to appropriate
documentation.

TIA

Charles
---
Charles Johnson
Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Vanderbilt University
charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Office: 615-343-2776
Cell: 615-478-8799