[torqueusers] Re: timesharing cpus

Davide Cesari dcesari at arpa.emr.it
Thu May 15 01:49:17 MDT 2008

Daniel Bourque ha scritto:
> Thanks, I'm curious, what options did you set for your special queue ?
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel and the others, of course I should have completed the
description of my setup:

In .../torque/server_priv/nodes:
frontend:ts
nodo1 np=4
nodo2 np=4

actually also frontend node has 4 cpus, but since it is timeshared this
  should not make any difference and the default np=1 should dissuade
torque from using it for multi-node parallel jobs.

then I defined the special queue net-disk in the following way:
qmgr -c "create queue net-disk queue_type=execution"
qmgr -c "set queue net-disk started=true"
qmgr -c "set queue net-disk enabled=true"
qmgr -c "set queue net-disk resources_default.walltime=3600"
qmgr -c "set queue net-disk resources_default.neednodes=frontend"

somewhere (I cannot find the place right now) the torque documentation
says that resources_default.neednodes is used to indicate required node
properties for the queue, while I verified that it actually indicates
the nodes (hostnames) to which jobs in the queue can run (I suppose a
comma-separated list is acceptes too).

	good luck, Davide

--
Servizio IdroMeteorologico ARPA Emilia Romagna
  E-mail:    dcesari at arpa.emr.it
  Home page: http://www.webalice.it/o.drofa/davide/
  Address:   ARPA-SIM, Viale Silvani 6, 40122 Bologna, Italy