[torqueusers] Re: timesharing cpus

Davide Cesari dcesari at arpa.emr.it
Wed May 14 09:50:54 MDT 2008

I am in a similar situation where I need to allow unlimited jobs to run
on a cluster frontend node and I solved by using the :ts time sharing
definition for the node and by defining a special queue including only
that node, so that qsub -q that_special_queue sends the job there and
the :ts definition allows an indefinite number of jobs to be running
simultaneously. Without defining a special queue I found no way, in
torque, to convince a job to run on a time sharing node, any other
positive experience with :ts?
	hope this helps, Davide

--
Servizio IdroMeteorologico ARPA Emilia Romagna
  E-mail:    dcesari at arpa.emr.it
  Home page: http://www.webalice.it/o.drofa/davide/
  Address:   ARPA-SIM, Viale Silvani 6, 40122 Bologna, Italy