[torqueusers] Permission denied (13) in TMakeTmpDir, Unable to make job transient directory

Craig Macdonald craigm at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Fri May 9 04:14:25 MDT 2008

Hi (again),

Just to note a gotcha to the list.

In our new setup, we thought we could try the $tmpdir directive in
mom_priv/config
Resolving the comment problems didnt solve the fact that TMakeTmpDir
always returns permission denied in our setup.

/scratch is group-owned by a group, but owned by root. Permissions is 775.
All clusters users are a member of the same group, but this is not their
default group.

Hence, when TMakeTmpDir setegid & seteuid, it's not effective, as this
will only change to the user's default group, which has no permissions
to write in this folder.

Something to watch out for.