[torqueusers] jobs completing with processes still running - SOLVED

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Thu May 8 14:31:31 MDT 2008

Jerry Smith wrote:
> I would have to second this thought (OpenMPI, as well as OSC's mpiexec
> for your current setup).
> Have you looked into the different epilogues
> that float around on this list as a way to make sure processes that
> may end up
> outside of the TM interface, get cleaned up?
>
> http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:appendix:g_prologue_and_epilogue_scripts
>

> --Jerry

If you do decide to use OpenMPI, though, be sure that the version you
install has the TM interface enabled.  For example, I've been testing
NPACI Rocks 4.3 and 5.0, and, since they're based on CentOS, the OpenMPI
package doesn't include TM by default.  You might have to recompile.
See "http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#build-rte-tm", for
details, including how to tell if your precompiled version already has
it.  It's not too tough.

Lloyd Brown