[torqueusers] Submission number limits?

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu May 8 11:39:00 MDT 2008

Garrick Staples wrote:

> The trick is to limit the number of jobs visible to the scheduler by using
> routing queue to spool jobs into the execution queue.
>
> So you do something like this:
>
> create queue spoolq queue_type = Route, route_destinations = execq
> create queue execq  queue_type = E, max_queueable=1000
>
> Submit jobs to spoolq and it should handlelarge numbers of jobs.

Thanks Garrick, I think this did the trick since the scheduler is still
running. One question though, why would the jobs start running backwards?
Consider this, we queued up jobs 137249 to 169972. The higher numbered
jobs started entering the spoolq queue before the lower numbered jobs.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility