[torqueusers] jobs completing with processes still running

Smith, Jerry Don II jdsmit at sandia.gov
Wed May 7 09:21:18 MDT 2008

What job launch mechanism is the cluster using, mpirun mpiexec?  You want to make sure it is one the resource manager can track processes with to ensure cleanup.
You can look in $PBS_HOME/server_priv/accounting and grep for the node in order to get the job_id. There is also a setting in moab and torque to hold completed job info for X time, so you can use checkjob and or qstat -f to do further diagnosis. I am not at my desk so I can't tell you the parameter offhand.

Good luck,

Jerry Smith