[torqueusers] Torque 2.1.8 and "-W umask=22" problems

Joshua Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Mon Jun 30 14:10:12 MDT 2008

Randy,

After thinking about this some more, I remember seeing a bug like this in TORQUE 2.3. It had to do
with the pbs_mom config file's $umask setting, however. TORQUE was not properly parsing/applying the
umask. This was fixed in post TORQUE 2.3 snapshots. I'm not really a TORQUE developer, so I don't
know for sure, but the code could be the same for the $umask pbs_mom config and the job submission
umask. In other words, this might be fixed in TORQUE 2.3 snapshots. Sorry I don't know more. :P

--Josh B.