[torqueusers] Queue to node mapping with TORQUE only

Davide Cesari dcesari at arpa.emr.it
Fri Jun 20 10:45:34 MDT 2008

Steve Young ha scritto:
> Hmm.... well according to the Torque Admin manual
> (http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/4.1queueconfig.shtml#mapping)
> it says:
>
> "The simplest method is using default_resources.neednodes on an
> execution queue, setting it to a particular node attribute. "
>
> setting it to a node attribute I am assuming means a feature not a node
> name.  I am using 2.2.1 but it was still the same before this when I was
> using 2.0.0p7. I wonder if it does work with a node name if that should
> be added to the documentation. Or did you add the node name as a feature
> and it is really mapping a feature and not a node name. Just curious.
>
> -Steve

Yes I read that page and I tried first by using a node attribute as you
say (I mean the one listed in */torque/server_priv/nodes after the node
name, just to be clear, "ext_net" in my case) and then, I am not really
sure now, but looking at old server logs I think I received a message like

05/08/2008 14:21:50;0080;PBS_Server;Req;req_reject;Reject reply
code=15062(Unknown node ), aux=0, type=RunJob, from Scheduler at maialinux
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^

when I tried to submit to that particular queue with -q, so I tried to
use a node name instead of a node property and it magically worked. I
must say, however, that my purpose was to setup a queue on a timeshared
node, whose entry in nodes file looks like:

maialinux:ts ext_net

so maybe this is a special case!? Or maybe there is something wrong
somewhere else in my setup?

	I hope the explanation is clear enough
		best regards, Davide

--
Servizio IdroMeteorologico ARPA Emilia Romagna
  E-mail:    dcesari at arpa.emr.it
  Home page: http://www.webalice.it/o.drofa/davide/
  Address:   ARPA-SIM, Viale Silvani 6, 40122 Bologna, Italy