[torqueusers] Queue to node mapping with TORQUE only

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Fri Jun 20 10:20:18 MDT 2008

Hmm.... well according to the Torque Admin manual (http://
www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/4.1queueconfig.shtml#mapping)
it says:

"The simplest method is using default_resources.neednodes on an
execution queue, setting it to a particular node attribute. "

setting it to a node attribute I am assuming means a feature not a
node name.  I am using 2.2.1 but it was still the same before this
when I was using 2.0.0p7. I wonder if it does work with a node name
if that should be added to the documentation. Or did you add the node
name as a feature and it is really mapping a feature and not a node
name. Just curious.

-Steve

On Jun 20, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Davide Cesari wrote:

> HI,
> 	I have Torque 2.1.10 (shipped with Fedora 8) without Maui/Moad and
> I noticed by trial-and-error that, in my case,
> "resources_default.neednodes" requires a node name, not a node
> property as specified in the documentation, maybe something has
> changed in more recent versions of Torque!?
> 	Davide
>

> Steve Young ha scritto:
>> I do it here with the resources_default.needsnodes and it works fine.
>> in my server_priv nodes file I have
>> host1 chem altix
>> host2 physics altix
>> then I could have three queue's....
>> create queue chem
>> set queue mac queue_type = Execution
>> set queue mac Priority = 100
>> set queue mac resources_default.neednodes = chem
>> set queue mac resources_default.walltime = 24:00:00
>> create queue physics
>> set queue mac queue_type = Execution
>> set queue mac Priority = 100
>> set queue mac resources_default.neednodes = physics
>> set queue mac resources_default.walltime = 24:00:00
>> create queue altix
>> set queue mac queue_type = Execution
>> set queue mac Priority = 100
>> set queue mac resources_default.neednodes = altix
>> set queue mac resources_default.walltime = 24:00:00
>> Doing that has worked fine here.  jobs in each queue go to the
>> hosts you would expect them to.
>> Hope that helps,
>> -Steve
>> On Jun 20, 2008, at 2:40 AM, Nicolas CHARVIN wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>> My question has probably been asked many times, but I need some
>>> clarifications
>>>
>>> 1) While using only TORQUE (i am not using Maui, neither Moab),
>>> is it possible to configure queue to node mapping, e.g queue1 to
>>> run on host1+host2+host3, and queue2 on host4+host5+host6  ?
>>>
>>> 2) If so, how can I perform it ?
>>> I am currently using TORQUE 2.1.7. I tried the
>>> 'resources_default.neednodes' stuff (torque manual chapter
>>> 4.1.4), and the 'acl_host_enable' stuff (Moab manual chapter