[torqueusers] Queue to node mapping with TORQUE only

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Fri Jun 20 08:53:39 MDT 2008

I do it here with the resources_default.needsnodes and it works fine.

in my server_priv nodes file I have

host1 chem altix
host2 physics altix

then I could have three queue's....

create queue chem
set queue mac queue_type = Execution
set queue mac Priority = 100
set queue mac resources_default.neednodes = chem
set queue mac resources_default.walltime = 24:00:00

create queue physics
set queue mac queue_type = Execution
set queue mac Priority = 100
set queue mac resources_default.neednodes = physics
set queue mac resources_default.walltime = 24:00:00

create queue altix
set queue mac queue_type = Execution
set queue mac Priority = 100
set queue mac resources_default.neednodes = altix
set queue mac resources_default.walltime = 24:00:00

Doing that has worked fine here.  jobs in each queue go to the hosts
you would expect them to.
Hope that helps,

-Steve