[torqueusers] Queue to node mapping with TORQUE only

Nicolas CHARVIN Nicolas.Charvin at univ-savoie.fr
Fri Jun 20 00:40:38 MDT 2008

Hi all
My question has probably been asked many times, but I need some clarifications

1) While using only TORQUE (i am not using Maui, neither Moab), is it
possible to configure queue to node mapping, e.g queue1 to run on
host1+host2+host3, and queue2 on host4+host5+host6  ?

2) If so, how can I perform it ?
I am currently using TORQUE 2.1.7. I tried the
'resources_default.neednodes' stuff (torque manual chapter 4.1.4), and the
'acl_host_enable' stuff (Moab manual chapter 12.1.3.1), but none of them work.

If maui is really mandatory, please tell me so.
Best regards
nicolas

here is my configuration:

server_priv/nodes:
lmpc5 np=2 unijob work
lmpc4 np=4 unijob work
lmpc6 np=8 work
lmpc7 np=8 testing

Qmgr: print server
#
#
#
# Create and define queue batch
#
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue batch resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
#
# Create and define queue testing
#
create queue testing
set queue testing queue_type = Execution
set queue testing acl_host_enable = False
set queue testing acl_hosts = lmpc7
set queue testing resources_default.neednodes = testing
set queue testing resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue testing enabled = True
set queue testing started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server default_queue = batch
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = adm
set server query_other_jobs = True
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_check_rate = 150
set server tcp_timeout = 6
set server node_pack = True
set server pbs_version = 2.1.7
set server allow_node_submit = True

Nicolas.Charvin at univ-savoie.fr
LMOPS - Lab. Matériaux Organiques à Propriétés Spécifiques
Bât IUT - Université de Savoie
73376 LE BOURGET DU LAC CEDEX - FRANCE
Tel: +33 4-79-75-87-91
Fax: +33 4-79-75-86-14