[torqueusers] Rescheduling jobs after a node failure

Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com
Wed Jun 11 10:15:30 MDT 2008

Fellow Torque Users,

I have noticed similar behaviour while testing the --HA features of
various snapshots and incantations of torque 2.3.0 and 2.4.0.  It seems
this can be similated with vmware sessions pretty easily in that when I
simply power off the primary master, jobs executing continue to execute
and complete when the secondary master comes online.  However, jobs that
were sitting in the queue stay there as "deferred" for very long periods
of time well beyond the completion of the executing jobs.

In at least the latest 2.4 snapshots, I have had at least one instance
that when waiting long enough, the queued jobs actually did go into
execution and completed.  But this took a very long time.

I continue to test this but I believe these experiences are related.

	Stewart