[torqueusers] Configuring Torque for local-only use on Mac OS X

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:59:26 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Kevin Murphy <murphy at genome.chop.edu>
wrote:

> I'm hoping to learn about some of the Torque (2.3.0) features locally on my
> Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.3) laptop,

This unrelated to your hostname issues, but I'm aware of a bug with
Torque/OS X that I haven't had a chance to fix yet (I'm not 100% sure if it
is a torque bug or a Leopard bug since the same code works on every other OS
torque supports...).  This requires you do disable wordexp support.  After
you run ./configure edit the src/include/config.h and change

#define HAVE_WORDEXP 1

#undef HAVE_WORDEXP

before running make