[torqueusers] newbie questions

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Jun 6 17:32:39 MDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 01:51:34PM -0400, Brock Palen alleged:
> No clue why its not working.  I would check in the mom logs.  Also
> you can force purge a job (this may leave things around)
>
> qdel -p 60
>
> Only admins can do this though (managers in torque speak).

Why recommend -p?  That is the sure-fire way to break things.

If qdel isn't working, then that needs to be fixed.  Using a force purge is
cleaning up things that are a result of some broken, because it's sole purpose
is to bypass the state machine.