[torqueusers] newbie questions

Qiong Zhang jamesz at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jun 5 18:06:12 MDT 2008

Hi all,

I am new to torque.

I just set up a three machine cluster and play around a little bit.

I have following questions:

1) How to really kill a submitted job?

Looks like qdel not always works.

I tried following options

- qdel

- kill -9 the process on the running node directly

- qsig -s 9

Nothing worked. The node is still taken and can not run any other jobs.

When I run 'pbsnodes", the state of the node is still 'job-exclusive'.

2) How to run multiple jobs on a single cpu machine?

Is there a way I can submit a job using partial cpu, like 0.25, 0.5 etc?

3) How to set up a special resource which is attached to the cluster
instead of individual node?

So if a job requires this type of resource and currently the resource is
already used by another job, the job will be queued.

Thanks,

James