[torqueusers] Unknown Job Id Behavior

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Jun 6 01:54:42 MDT 2008

----- "Joshua Bernstein" <jbernstein at penguincomputing.com> wrote:

> Doesn't help.

:-)

> I still think there is a problem with some area of the communication
> between pbs_mom and pbs_server.

Quite possibly.

> If pbs_mom responds to pbs_server with a message saying that it
> doesn't know anything about the job, shouldn't pbs_server just
> consider the job  dead, and either re-queue it or just notify
> the user?

Yes, and I believe that this is the same problem I reported
back at the start of May with 2.3.0 here:

http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2008-May/007275.html

It appears that it might be fixed in the recent snapshots
(or at least I've not seen it giving me problems recently).

cheers!
Chris